- Miami University, B.A., Philosophy, 1995
- Philadelphia Institute, The Institute for Paralegal Training, Paralegal Certificate, 1995
Bridgett is the director of paralegals as well as a practicing litigation paralegal in the Vorys Columbus office. As the director of paralegals, Bridgett is responsible for the management and oversight of paralegals, practice group assistants and project assistants in each of the firm's offices. Her responsibilities include recruitment, orientation, training, evaluations, salary administration, discipline, some workload management and policy administration.
A litigation paralegal since 1995, Bridgett is involved in all aspects of litigation from file management to hearings and trial. She is experienced in electronic and traditional discovery, including identifying, gathering, analyzing and producing responsive information. She is highly skilled in electronic information management methods and tools, including the design and usage of database programs, litigation document management software, and trial software. Bridgett is accomplished in contract litigation, securities litigation, trademark/ copyright litigation and defense of financial institutions and corporations in commercial disputes.
- Case and project management
- Multiple court electronic filing procedures
- Westlaw / LexisNexis
- Excel/ Access
Summation / Viewpoint / Relativity
Professional and Community Activities
- Capitol Law School Paralegal Program Advisory Board Member, 2011-present
- International Paralegal Management Association, 2011-2016
- Columbus Bar Association Associate Member and Paralegal Association of Central Ohio, Member, 1996 - present; Executive Board and 2nd VP and Membership Director 2002-2004; Public Relation Director 2001-2002; Program Committee Chair, 1999-2000, and Job Bank Committee Chair, 2004-2011
Honors & Awards
- 2001 Vorys Paralegal Point Of Light Award