Sarwenaz is a partner in the Vorys Berlin office and a member of the eControl group. As a dual qualified lawyer (Germany / England & Wales), she advises on a spectrum of EU, German and UK antitrust law questions, including eControl, investigations, merger control, contractual arrangements, as well as general competition law compliance. Sarwenaz has significant experience advising clients on vertical agreements such as the creation and implementation of distribution systems including the design of online sales criteria. She has also helped clients develop strategies to deal with unauthorized online and third-party platform sellers.
Sarwenaz has experience advising clients across a variety of industries. She has particular experience assisting luxury and consumer goods brands, including representing a global sports apparel company in the first antitrust proceedings regarding complex distribution agreements and in particular online restrictions in Germany. Sarwenaz has also helped a number of clients in the pharmaceutical industry.
Sarwenaz routinely represents clients in proceedings before the German Federal Cartel Office, the EU Commission and the UK Competition and Markets Authority.
Career highlights include:
- Advising a multinational sports apparel brand in administrative proceedings before the German Federal Cartel Office regarding their selective distribution system and in particular internet sales restrictions
- Advising a global manufacturer of music instruments regarding an antitrust investigation related to online restrictions in the UK
- Advising a global beauty consortium, made up of 36 major cosmetics, personal care companies and trade associations, on the antitrust aspects of a sustainability cooperation regarding the development of an industry-wide environmental impact assessment and rating system for cosmetic products
- Representing the Brands for Europe coalition of 23 global brand owners in connection with the European Commission’s E-commerce sector inquiry, and in the context of the review of the EU Vertical Restraints Block Exemption and Guidelines; advising on the coalition's responses to the EC and UK consultations
- Advising a global financial institution regarding multi-jurisdictional investigations (including EU, Germany and UK) into potential breaches of antitrust law
- Advising a global investment management company regarding a cartel investigation and immunity application in the UK
- Advising a multinational pharmaceutical and biotechnology company on specific regulatory aspects of the formation of its new global consumer health care joint venture with a multinational pharmaceutical manufacturer
- Advising a global automotive manufacturer regarding the increase of its shares in a leading UK luxury car manufacturer and its UK merger control strategy
- Advising a UK technology company regarding the merger control proceedings in respect to the sale of their subsidiary operating several online dating apps
Prior to joining Vorys, Sarwenaz practiced at international law firms in Frankfurt, London and Washington, D.C., among other locations.
Honors & Recognitions
Key lawyer for EU and Competition, Legal 500, 2023
30 in their 30s: notable women competition professionals in private practice, W@Competition, 2017
News & Insights
Higher Regional Court, Berlin, Second State Law Examination (bar exam)
University of Paris I (Pantheon-Sorbonne), Master's Degree European Law
Humboldt University of Berlin, First State Law Examination
Bar & Court Admissions
- England and Wales