- Boston College Law School, J.D., 2009
- Miami University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2006
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
David is a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the litigation group. His practice is focused on civil litigation and encompasses complex commercial, insurance, intellectual property, and government procurement cases. David also has significant experience in cases brought under the False Claims Act by the government or whistleblowers. He has represented large corporations, small businesses and individuals in both state and federal courts across the country.
His notable experience includes:
- Coordinating the successful defense of a large financial institution in multi-million dollar and multi-jurisdictional litigation involving more than ten separate actions.
- Serving as a key member of a trial team that won a directed verdict for multiple manufacturing companies in a trial over claims valued at $7 million
- Drafting winning appellate brief in the leading case in the Ohio First District Court of Appeals on the duty of loyalty, the question of trade secret ownership, and the application of Ohio Appellate Rule 3(D)
- Successfully representing clients in state court trial on liability
- Serving as lead counsel for multiple businesses and individuals in commercial litigation, and negotiating resolutions of those cases that involved clients obtaining substantial recoveries or avoiding additional litigation with payments well below their settlement authority
- Successfully enforcing trademark rights of large financial institution against a group of infringing entities spread out across the country
David received his J.D. from Boston College Law School, where he was the Executive Articles Editor on the Boston College International and Comparative Law Review. He received his B.A. magna cum laude from Miami University, where he was Phi Beta Kappa. David was also a member of Miami University’s varsity swimming team, and served as an assistant coach for Boston College’s men’s and women’s varsity swimming teams while in law school.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member of the Cincinnati Bar Association.
- Member of the Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL) - Class XXII
- 1/1/2018Vorys is pleased to announce that Kelly Bissinger, Joseph Brunner, Laura Geyer, David Hine, Jacinto Núñez, Daniel Shuey and Keith Zabela became partners on January 1, 2018.
- 6/22/2016Several Vorys attorneys were speakers at the 2016 Consumer Financial Services Summit on June 22, 2016 in Columbus, Ohio.