- Boston College Law School, J.D., 2009
- Miami University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2006
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
David is a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the litigation group. His practice is focused on complex commercial and business litigation, and David has significant experience representing clients in insurance, banking, construction, product liability, and intellectual property disputes. He has represented large corporations, small businesses, and individuals in both state and federal courts across the country.
Career Highlights Include:
- Successfully defending a large financial institution in multi-jurisdictional litigation involving more than ten separate actions and more than $100 million in potential exposure
- Obtaining a directed verdict for multiple manufacturing companies in a trial over claims valued at $7 million
- Drafting a winning appellate brief in the leading case in the Ohio First District Court of Appeals on the duty of loyalty, the question of trade secret ownership, and the application of Ohio Appellate Rule 3(D)
- Successfully enforcing trademark rights of a large financial institution against a group of infringing entities spread out across the country
- Obtaining summary judgment on behalf of a large insurance institution on multi-million dollar bad faith dispute
- Successfully defending multiple medical device manufacturing companies against a variety of patent and trademark infringement claims
- Obtaining emergency appointment of receiver on behalf of a large financial institution in order to preserve more than $20 million in collateral assets spread across the country
- Successfully defending a large real-estate developer in multi-million dollar mechanic’s lien and construction dispute
- Obtaining substantial recoveries for a variety of clients in complex commercial litigation and other business disputes
David has also given multiple presentations on the enforcement of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
David received his J.D. from Boston College Law School, where he was the Executive Articles Editor on the Boston College International and Comparative Law Review. He received his B.A. magna cum laude from Miami University, where he was Phi Beta Kappa and a Rhodes Scholarship nominee. David was also a captain of Miami University’s varsity swimming team, and served as an assistant coach for Boston College’s men’s and women’s varsity swimming teams while in law school.
Professional and Community Activities
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Member
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Character and Fitness Committee, Member, Chair-Elect (2020-2021), Vice Chair (2019-2020), Secretary (2018-2019)
- Member of the Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL) - Class XXII
- Street Law, Corporate Legal Diversity Pipeline Program, Teacher
- Vorys ArtsWave Campaign Chair, Cincinnati Office (2018-present)
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers In America, Commercial Litigation, 2022
- 8/19/2021116 Vorys Attorneys Named to 2022 Best Lawyers in America List; 34 Vorys Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers’ “Ones to Watch” ListOne hundred and sixteen lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® 2022 edition. In addition, 34 Vorys attorneys were named to the 2022 Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” list.
- 1/1/2018Vorys is pleased to announce that Kelly Bissinger, Joseph Brunner, Laura Geyer, David Hine, Jacinto Núñez, Daniel Shuey and Keith Zabela became partners on January 1, 2018.
- 6/22/2016Several Vorys attorneys were speakers at the 2016 Consumer Financial Services Summit on June 22, 2016 in Columbus, Ohio.