- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 2013, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Case Western Reserve Law Review, senior editor, 2012-2013; associate editor, 2011-2013
- George Washington University, B.A., 2009, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Andrew is an associate in the Vorys Akron office and a member of the litigation group. He is experienced in appellate, commercial, construction, toxic tort litigation, oil and gas litigation, and general business litigation.
His notable experience includes:
- Representing a client in jury trial in contract dispute involving breach of environmental warranties
- Successfully presenting oral argument before the Court of Appeals Ninth Appellate District
- Drafting party and amicus briefs in Ohio and Federal appellate courts
- Serving as a member of a team for national coordinating counsel for a Fortune 500 company in toxic tort litigation
- Seeking out innovative paths and securing early and efficient resolution on behalf of clients through settlement or motion practice
- Maximizing compensation for landowner clients in various Ohio eminent domain lawsuits involving road projects and government flooding
- Litigating complex construction cases in Ohio and private arbitration
- Participation in virtual and in-person depositions and mediations across all areas of practice
- Successful presentation of attorney’s fees applications
Andrew received his J.D. magna cum laude from the Case Western Reserve University School of Law, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif. He also served as a senior editor for the Case Western Reserve Law Review and as the president and editor-in-chief of the law school’s newspaper, The Docket. Andrew received his B.A. summa cum laude from George Washington University, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
- Served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Chelsey M. Vascura in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Eileen A. Gallagher in the Court of Appeals of Ohio Eighth Appellate District
- Served as a judicial extern to the Honorable David D. Dowd, Jr. in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Professional and Community Activities
- Greater Akron Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Network, Leadership Team
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation, 2021-2022
- 8/19/2021116 Vorys Attorneys Named to 2022 Best Lawyers in America List; 34 Vorys Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers’ “Ones to Watch” ListOne hundred and sixteen lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® 2022 edition. In addition, 34 Vorys attorneys were named to the 2022 Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” list.
- 8/20/2020112 Vorys Attorneys Named to 2021 Best Lawyers in America List; 26 Vorys Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers’ Inaugural “Ones to Watch” ListOne hundred and twelve lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® 2021 edition. In addition, 26 Vorys attorneys were named to the inaugural Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” list.
- 10/25/2013Vorys Welcomes New Associates to Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Akron and Washington, D.C. OfficesVorys is pleased to welcome nine new associates to the firm. Angelyne Lisinski, Michael Shoenfelt, Kara Singleton and Thomas Vetter have joined the Columbus office; Katherine Barrett and Megan Westenberg have joined the Cincinnati office; Hyun (Eric) Yoon has joined the Cleveland office; Andrew Guran has joined the Akron office and William M.R. Barrett has joined the Washington, D.C. office.
- 11/24/2020On November 20, 2020, the Court of Appeals of Ohio, Second Appellate District, affirmed a judgment upholding a stop work order of a “Wedding Barn” on appellant’s property that appellant asserted had primarily been used for agriculture since 2003.
- 12/26/2018Every five years, Congress passes legislation that sets national agriculture, nutrition, conservation, and forestry policy. Significantly, the Farm Bill contains various provisions that will impact the agriculture industry.
- 11/27/2018Vorys attorneys Tom Fusonie, Dan Shuey and Andrew Guran co-authored an article for Farm and Dairy titled “Nuisance Lawsuits May Threaten Livestock Farmers.”
- 6/2015Kevin Gormly, a partner in the Pittsburgh office, and Andrew Guran, an associate in the Akron office, provided the Pennsylvania Oil and Gas Update in the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Mineral Law Newsletter, No. 2.
- 3/2015Kevin Gormly, a partner in the Pittsburgh office, and Andrew Guran, an associate in the Akron office, provided the Pennsylvania Oil and Gas Update in the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Mineral Law Newsletter, No. 1.
- 9/8/2014In Eisenbarth v. Reusser, 7th Dist. Monroe No. 13 MO 10 (Aug. 28, 2014), the Seventh Appellate District of Ohio recently addressed issues concerning application of the 1989 version of the Ohio Dormant Mineral Act (DMA).
- 1/6/2014365/360 Interest Calculation: Latest Developments in Ohio Case Law Provide Guidance in Interest Calculation MethodsMarcel C. Duhamel, a partner in the Cleveland office and Andrew P. Guran, an associate in the Akron office, authored this article on 365/360 Interest Calculation for the Winter 2014 issue of The Bankers' Statement.