- Case Western Reserve University, J.D., cum laude, 2007
- Miami University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2003
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Melissa is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the firm’s bankruptcy practice. Melissa represents clients in Chapter 11 proceedings, corporate and debt restructuring transactions, distressed mergers and acquisitions, and other matters related to commercial bankruptcy. She has directed client transitions to debtor-in-possession operation and has represented general and secured creditors and creditors’ committees.
Career highlights include:
- Negotiating vendor settlements and trade term modifications on behalf of distressed clients
- Representing a $400 million revenue, multi-hospital system in Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Drafting and negotiating Chapter 11 plans of liquidation and related disclosure statements
- Co-authoring “The ISDA Agreement: Key Document Considerations in Today’s Market” in The RMA Journal, December 2009
Melissa received her J.D. from Case Western Reserve University School of Law. She received her B.A. from Miami University.
- 1/20/2015In December 2014, Ohio Governor John Kasich signed into law Substitute House Bill No. 9, which significantly revises Ohio’s law of Receiverships. Vorys released a comprehensive analysis of the amended law.
- 1/20/2015In December 2014, Ohio Governor John Kasich signed into law Substitute House Bill No. 9, which significantly revises Ohio’s law of Receiverships. Vorys today released a comprehensive analysis of the amended law. Key features of the amendments are summarized below.