- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2008, cum laude
- Universidad Catòlica Andrès Bello, J.D., 2004
Bar & Court Admissions
- Florida (inactive)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Caracas, Venezuela
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Henrique is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the litigation group. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, as well as general business litigation, and he is a member of the national toxic torts defense team for several Fortune 500 companies. Henrique also serves as Ohio counsel in the defense of toxic tort litigation arising from alleged asbestos and benzene exposures, as well as other product and premises liability cases.
Henrique has over ten years of experience as a litigator, mostly on the defense side, and is savvy on all aspects of trial practice, focused on helping clients mount thorough trial defense strategies while posturing cases towards a prompt and efficient resolution. Occasionally, he has assisted clients prosecuting cases as plaintiffs. He also has criminal prosecutorial experience and successfully secured hundreds of convictions in drug trafficking and RICO cases as specially appointed county prosecutor.
Notable experiences include:
- Successfully defending a client against numerous statutory and constitutional challenges asserted under the recently enacted Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program.
- Successfully briefing and presenting oral argument in Ohio appellate courts.
- Serving as second chair in a two week long, multimillion dollar trial in Federal court, securing a favorable result for client.
- Responsible for the successful execution of the first-time state-issued interception warrants (wiretaps) in several counties across Ohio.
Henrique is a proud naturalized U.S citizen. He started his legal career in Caracas, Venezuela as an associate in the litigation group of a transnational law firm. He then relocated to Miami, FL, where he practiced insurance defense, litigating complex commercial and personal lines, first and third party property claims and bad faith actions, in both state and federal court. Upon relocating his family to Ohio, Henrique served as an associate assistant attorney general with the Ohio Attorney General’s Office. As an assistant attorney general with the Ohio Organized Crime Investigations Commission and staff attorney for the Ohio Attorney General’s Heroin Unit, assisting Federal, State, and local law enforcement agencies with the investigation and prosecution of large scale drug trafficking operations and combatting Ohio’s opioid epidemic. Henrique also served as pension counsel for the Ohio state retirement systems, five large multibillion dollar institutional investors, representing and advising the pensions in state and federal litigation, compliance, legislative initiatives and matters arising under Ohio’s sunshine laws.
Henrique received his J.D. cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law, and his J.D. from the Universidad Católica Andrés Bello.
Professional and Community Activities
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Region X (Kentucky, Ohio, and Tennessee) President, 2018-2019
- Immigration Justice Campaign, Pro Bono Volunteer
- Dublin Soccer League, volunteer recreational coach
- Interception Warrants/Wiretaps, Ohio Legislative Service Commission CLE on Fourth Amendment and Privacy Issues.
- 4th Amendment and Protection of Privacy Rights, Electronic Surveillance Roundtable, Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy (OPOTA)
- Co-Instructor, Electronic Surveillance Certification Class, OPOTA
- Electronic Surveillance Workshop, Cincinnati Police Academy
- 8/13/2018Henrique Geigel, an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the litigation group, was elected by the members of the Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA) to serve as the president of Region X, which includes Kentucky, Ohio and Tennessee.
- 4/1/2018Henrique Geigel, an associate in the Columbus office, co-presented a program titled "The Venezuelan Crisis, What Went Wrong: Corruption and the Broken Justice System" to students at The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law and at Capital University Law school.
- 2/20/2018On February 20, 2018, associate Henrique Geigel spoke on behalf of the Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA) at the Ohio State University Moritz College of Law.