Webinar: Voluntary Disclosure and the False Claims Act
Vorys partners Michael Bronson and Matt Albers presented the webinar, Voluntary Disclosure and the False Claims Act, on June 25, 2013.
The presentation discussed:
- Overpayments not reported or returned within 60 days constitute “obligation” under reverse False Claims Act provisions
- When is an overpayment “identified” for purposes of the 60-day deadline?
- Requirements for reporting overpayments
- Risks associated with voluntary disclosure – including False Claims Act liability
- Minimizing liability:
- Robust compliance efforts
- Reduced damages for voluntary reporting