Shale Drilling Disputes and Litigation Seminar
Vorys attorneys Ryan Elliott, Tom Fusonie, Pete Lusenhop and Tim McGranor were speakers at the Shale Drilling Disputes and Litigation Seminar on May, 14 2015, hosted by HalfMoon Education. They participated in a panel titled “Roundtable Discussion of Emerging Issues in Shale Drilling,” discussing emerging issues in shale drilling and how they may playout in Ohio and around the country, current market conditions and the impact that falling oil prices may have on shale development in Ohio and elsewhere in the Appalachian Basin.
They also discussed the following topics during the seminar:
- Disputes between property owners and mineral rights owners
- Litigation concerning municipal regulation of hydraulic fracturing
- Disputes related to agreements and leases
- Disputes over environmental regulation and litigation related to environmental harms
- Handling ethical issues in shale drilling