Asbestos Litigation Conference
Vorys partner Rick Schuster spoke on a panel at the Asbestos Litigation Conference on March 18, 2013. The panel he was part of was titled Asbestos Bankruptcy: National Update on Recent Filings, Confirmations and Insurance Coverage Issues.
The panel will discuss the following topics:
- Overview of recently confirmed 524(g) cases
- Pending cases: Bondex, Garlock, Pittsburgh Corning, UGL, Flintkote, etc.
- An update on the present status of Kentile
- Current and emerging insurance issues in asbestos bankruptcy cases
- Estimation and discovery issues in asbestos bankruptcy proceedings
- Bankruptcy trusts and the tort systems
- Is the bankruptcy wave receding? Will there be more filings in 2013?