- Cornell University Law School, J.D., 2006, with Honors
- University of Michigan, B.A., 2003, with Highest Distinction
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Jennie is a senior attorney in the Vorys Cleveland office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. She practices in the areas of commercial real estate, finance and restructuring. Jennie has represented both lenders and borrowers with respect to commercial real estate loans, including loans secured by multi-family, industrial, retail and office properties. Jennie also has experience representing a wide range of clients in real estate acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, commercial agreements and many other real estate matters. Jennie also has extensive experience in foreclosures and structuring forbearance and loan modification agreements.
Jennie received her J.D. with honors from Cornell University Law School and her B.A. with Highest Distinction from the University of Michigan.
Professional and Community Activities
- 2019 President of CREW Cleveland, Past Director of Programs and Communications
- Merrick House Board of Trustees – 2011 - present
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Real Estate, 2014-2020
- 3/9/2022Vorys recently served as legal counsel to American Nitrile as they secured a strategic partnership with Orion Infrastructure Capital.
- 6/11/2021Vorys Advises Worthington Industries, Inc. in Acquisition from Affiliates of MiddleGround Capital, LLCVorys recently advised Worthington Industries, Inc. in connection with the acquisition by its Steel Processing business segment, along with its 55% consolidated joint venture TWB Company, LLC, of certain assets of the Shiloh Industries U.S. BlankLight® business, a provider of laser welded solutions.
- 9/15/2020Sherwin-Williams Names Vorys as a Key Partner for its New Global Headquarters and R&D Center ProjectThe Sherwin-Williams Company today announced the key external partners it selected to build its new global headquarters in downtown Cleveland and its new R&D center in the Cleveland suburb of Brecksville. Vorys was named as legal counsel and economic development counsel.
- 12/9/2019Vorys is pleased to announce that 39 attorneys from the firm have been named 2020 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 12/5/2018Vorys is pleased to announce that 48 attorneys from the firm have been named 2019 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 12/5/2017Vorys is pleased to announce that 56 attorneys from the firm have been named 2018 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 12/2/2016Vorys is pleased to announce that 58 attorneys from the firm have been named 2017 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 12/2/2015Vorys is pleased to announce that 63 attorneys from the firm have been named 2016 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 1/20/2015In December 2014, Ohio Governor John Kasich signed into law Substitute House Bill No. 9, which significantly revises Ohio’s law of Receiverships. Vorys released a comprehensive analysis of the amended law.
- 12/3/2014Vorys is pleased to announce that 74 attorneys from the firm have been named 2015 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 12/4/2013Eighty-one attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP have been named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. 57 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyer and 24 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Rising Stars.
- 9/9/2021Vorys is proud to host a complimentary, 5-part webinar series for commercial bankers. The series begins on May 4th, 2021 and continues through September 9th.
- 8/5/2020Jennie Church, Bryan Farkas and Drew Parobek, attorneys in the Vorys Cleveland office, presented a complimentary webinar on August 5, 2020 discussing best practices for handling foreclosures and receiverships.
- 8/5/2019A Banker’s Guide to a Successful Commercial Loan Workout Webinar Series: Foreclosure and ReceivershipsVorys was proud to host a complimentary webinar series titled “A Banker’s Guide to a Successful Commercial Loan Workout.” Attorneys Jennie Church, Bryan Farkas and Drew Parobek presented the fourth webinar, titled “Foreclosure and Receiverships” on August 5, 2019.
- 3/4/2015Vorys presented a Financial Institutions Summit on March 4, 2015 in Cleveland, Ohio.
- 1/20/2015In December 2014, Ohio Governor John Kasich signed into law Substitute House Bill No. 9, which significantly revises Ohio’s law of Receiverships. Vorys today released a comprehensive analysis of the amended law. Key features of the amendments are summarized below.