Courtney has been a real property tax paralegal since 2011. She is highly skilled in all aspects of real property tax, including design and usage of database programs, document management software and coordinating the flow of information among attorneys and clients. Courtney has also assisted in the ongoing development of a specialized computer software system dedicated to real property tax and trained staff in connection with those developments. This specialized software system was pioneered at Vorys.
- Case and project management
Notable experience includes:
- Drafting real estate tax complaints and petitions for commercial and residential properties in multiple states
- Coordinating and scheduling hearings with multiple offices including county auditors/assessors, opposing counsel, appraiser and client
- Assisting attorneys with the collection of documents, assisting in drafting memorandums and filing of evidence in connection with Board of Revision hearings
- Managing a docket of hundreds of cases
- Preparing tax savings analyses
Prior to joining Vorys, Courtney was a real property tax valuation paralegal for another firm in northeast Ohio.