Rob is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and practices in the finance, energy and real estate group. He has extensive experience in the areas of bankruptcy, debtor/creditor rights, commercial restructuring, collection and financial restructurings. He was also formerly a Certified Public Accountant. Rob represents a wide range of businesses from different industries, including manufacturing and oil and gas. He has particular experience representing original equipment manufacturers and Tier 1 and 2 suppliers in a wide range of restructuring transactions and complex supply chain disputes.
Career highlights include:
- Served as lead counsel for Honda in connection with the global insolvency proceeding and restructuring of Takata corporation, including Chapter 11 cases of TK Holdings, Inc. and its debtor affiliates, the Chapter 15 cases of Takata Corporation and its foreign-debtor affiliates, and the sale of substantially all of Takata's assets
- Represented Honda in numerous automotive supplier bankruptcies, including Shiloh Industries, Techniplas, LLC, Dura Automotive Systems, Visteon Corporate, Intermet Corporate, Collins & Aikman Corporate, Cooper-Standard Holding Inc., Delphi Corporation, Eagle-Picher Holdings Inc. and Johnson Rubber Company, Inc.
- Represented oil and gas companies protecting their interests in oil and gas assets in bankruptcy cases such as Samsung Resources and D & L Energy
- Represents an original equipment manufacturer and tier 1 and 2 suppliers in the preparation and negotiations of purchase and sale agreements, as well as in mergers and acquisitions, supply chain management, supply chain disputes and various other business matters
- Served as counsel to a $1 billion farm cooperative in a Chapter 11 case in which the debtor successfully reorganized
- Acted as counsel for the SEC Receiver in SEC v. One Equity, including the investigation and liquidation of assets and distribution to impacted parties
- Served as counsel to the Chapter 11 Trustee in a liquidating Chapter 11 proceeding of a 1600 unit apartment complex
- Served as counsel to a purchase order financier in a successful Chapter 11 case of a telecommunications business
- Regularly serves as counsel for clients in restructuring commercial relationships with distressed customers or suppliers
- Served as counsel for lenders in the liquidation of collateral, including the pursuit of assets from uncooperative borrowers, and in loan restructuring and forbearance arrangements
Rob has lectured on numerous commercial restructuring and bankruptcy topics.
Rob is a previous member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, Ohio State Bar Association and Columbus Bar Association.
Honors & Recognitions
Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor, 2007
The Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2020-2023
News & Insights
- NewsThirty-Six Vorys Attorneys Named Ohio Rising Stars
- Client alert
- Client alert
- Client alert
- Authored article
- Authored articleOctober 2001
University of Dayton School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2000
University of Dayton Law Review, Managing Editor, 1999-2000
Miami University, B.S., 1992
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.