- University of Kentucky College of Law, J.D. 2019, Order of the Coif
- Kentucky Law Journal, senior staff editor
- University of Kentucky, B.A. History, B.A. Secondary Education, 2016
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Jake is an associate in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the environmental group. His practice consists of aiding clients in a wide variety of environmental law related issues including permitting and compliance, state, federal and administrative litigation, and transactional due diligence.
Notable Experience includes:
- Assisting in the defense of an appeal of a client’s NPDES permit to the Ohio Environmental Review Appeals Commission (ERAC)
- Assisting a client in responding to a TSCA Section 11 Information Request Letter from US EPA Region 4 and Form U submission under the CDR rule
- Assisting large litigation teams in defense of complex environmental litigation in both state and federal court including legal research, preparation of deposition outlines, and drafting of pleadings and dispositive briefs
- Conducting environmental due diligence in various Real Estate and Corporate transactions, including managing Phase I and Phase II environmental assessments, reviewing reports, and drafting client-friendly contract provisions
In addition to his environmental work for Vorys clients, Jake has represented several clients pro bono through the Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati in eviction and criminal expungement matters.
Jake received his J.D. from the University of Kentucky College of Law, where he was a senior staff editor for the Kentucky Law Journal and graduated as the class Valedictorian. He received his B.A. in History and Secondary Education magna cum laude from the University of Kentucky.
- 11/13/2019Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is pleased to welcome nine new first-year associates to the firm. Matt Gutierrez, Amanda Miggo, Francisco Rolon and Gretchen Rutz joined the Columbus office; Jacob Bartlett, Megan Hurd and Stephen Self joined the Cincinnati office; Anne Hurst and Cauley Simmons joined the Cleveland office; and Reed Fryar and Joseph Markell joined the Houston office.
- 5/6/2020The Ohio EPA recirculated guidance previously published in conjunction with the Ohio Department of Health on the importance of flushing water systems in facilities that were previously left vacant.
- 4/13/2020On April 10th, U.S. EPA published an interim guidance memorandum titled “Site Field Work Decisions Due to Impacts of COVID-19."