- Northern Kentucky University Chase College of Law, J.D., 2016, summa cum laude
- University of Louisville, B.S., 2013, with highest honors
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
- The Honorable Greg N. Stivers, United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, 2016-2017
Wes is an associate in the Cincinnati office and a member of the litigation group. His practice is focused on complex civil litigation.
His notable experience includes:
- Prevailed on a motion to dismiss a putative consumer class action that sought millions of dollars from a large financial institution related to mobile-banking services, and drafted appellate briefs that led the Sixth Circuit to affirm the dismissal.
- Drafted appellate briefs that led to published Kentucky Court of Appeals opinion, reversing circuit court and reducing potential property tax liability of large national grocery chain by millions.
- Drafted appellate briefs that led the Fifth Circuit to affirm dismissal of lawsuit against large financial institution related to multi-million dollar asset purchase agreement.
- Drafted appellate briefs that led the Fifth Court of Appeals in Dallas, Texas to reverse trial court and dismiss case against large financial institution for lack of personal jurisdiction. Drafted briefs that resulted in Texas Supreme Court denying discretionary review.
- Successfully defended large financial institution in arbitration hearing related to dispute over multi-million dollar stock purchase agreement.
- Successfully preserved a multi-million dollar confessed judgment on behalf of a large financial institution.
- Obtained judgment on the pleadings for client in breach-of-contract case and defeated claim seeking over $6 million in damages.
- Successfully defended large health insurer in ERISA benefits cases and negotiated numerous favorable settlements.
- After appointment under Criminal Justice Act, argued Sixth Circuit appeal related to writ of habeas corpus.
Before joining Vorys, Wes clerked for the Honorable Greg N. Stivers, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky.
Wes received his J.D. summa cum laude from the Northern Kentucky University Chase College of Law, where he was executive editor of the Northern Kentucky Law Review. He received his B.S. with highest honors from the University of Louisville.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers In America 'Ones to Watch', Commercial Litigation, 2022
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Litigation, 2022
- 1/4/2022Vorys is pleased to announce that 42 attorneys from the firm have been named either 2022 Ohio Super Lawyers or Rising Stars.
- 8/19/2021116 Vorys Attorneys Named to 2022 Best Lawyers in America List; 34 Vorys Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers’ “Ones to Watch” ListOne hundred and sixteen lawyers from Vorys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® 2022 edition. In addition, 34 Vorys attorneys were named to the 2022 Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” list.
- 12/17/2020Vorys is pleased to announce that 31 attorneys from the firm have been named 2021 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 10/27/2017Vorys welcomed 12 new first-year associates to the firm.
- 10/17/2018Vorys attorneys Phil Downey, Mike Settineri and Wes Abrams presented at the Kentucky Mineral Law Conference in Lexington, Kentucky on October 17, 2018.