- Northern Kentucky University Chase College of Law, J.D., 2016, summa cum laude
- University of Louisville, B.S., 2013, with highest honors
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
- The Honorable Greg N. Stivers, United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, 2016-2017
Wes is an associate in the Cincinnati office and a member of the litigation group. His practice is focused on complex civil litigation, ranging from general commercial to ERISA.
His notable experience includes:
- Obtaining favorable results in multiple ERISA cases on behalf of large institutional clients in federal district court and the Sixth Circuit.
- Obtaining partial summary judgment and successfully defending a client from multiple motions for summary judgment in a large commercial property dispute.
- Successfully preserving a multi-million dollar confessed judgment on behalf of a large financial institution.
Before joining Vorys, Wes clerked for the Honorable Greg N. Stivers, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky. He also served as a judicial extern for the Honorable William O. Bertelsman of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky.
Wes received his J.D. summa cum laude from the Northern Kentucky University Chase College of Law, where he was executive editor of the Northern Kentucky Law Review and a research assistant for Professor Jack Harrison, researching and writing extensively on civil procedure. He received his B.S. with highest honors from the University of Louisville.
- 12/17/2020Vorys is pleased to announce that 31 attorneys from the firm have been named 2021 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 10/27/2017Vorys welcomed 12 new first-year associates to the firm.
- 10/17/2018Vorys attorneys Phil Downey, Mike Settineri and Wes Abrams presented at the Kentucky Mineral Law Conference in Lexington, Kentucky on October 17, 2018.