- New York Law School, J.D., 2005
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S., 2002
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Keith is the managing partner of the Vorys' Pittsburgh office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. His practice is focused on oil and gas titles, operational issues, and transactional matters. Prior to joining Vorys, Keith served as the managing partner of the Burleson LLP Pittsburgh office.
Keith advises clients on due diligence, leasing, acquisitions and divestitures, operating agreements, joint development agreements, purchase of sale agreements, royalty issues, curative matters and all other facets of day-today operations. He has represented large title insurance companies in the resolution of title claims involving lien priority, estate, bankruptcy, foreclosure, and other title issues. Keith has also represented individuals and corporate clients in the areas of real estate, business, contracts, estate, family, landlord-tenant, and trademark law.
Keith is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Washington County Bar Association and the American Association of Professional Landmen, Michael Late Benedum Chapter.
Keith received his J.D. from the New York Law School and his B.S. from Pennsylvania State University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Club at Nevillewood Finance Committee, Member
Honors & Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2015-2017
- Pittsburgh Business Times “Who’s Who in Energy” List, 2011-2012, 2014-2015
- 5/20/2019Vorys announced today that Keith Zabela has been named the managing partner of the firm’s Pittsburgh office
- 1/1/2018Vorys is pleased to announce that Kelly Bissinger, Joseph Brunner, Laura Geyer, David Hine, Jacinto Núñez, Daniel Shuey and Keith Zabela became partners on January 1, 2018.
- 10/12/2016Michael Vennum and Keith Zabela, of counsel in the Vorys Pittsburgh office, co-authored the "Title and Conveyancing of Oil and Gas Rights in Pennsylvania” chapter for the second edition of The Law of Oil and Gas in Pennsylvania.