Shane has over two decades of experience in banking and commercial finance law. In his practice, Shane primarily represents commercial banks and borrowers in a wide range of multi-lender and single lender secured and unsecured financing transactions, including real estate development and construction financing, asset-based lending facilities, acquisition financings, tax credit financings, equipment financings, mezzanine financings, and intercreditor and subordination agreements.
Shane also has experience with real estate sales and acquisitions (commercial and residential), including purchase and sales agreements, title insurance matters, inspection issues, transfer tax issues, survey requirements, and commercial leasing issues.
His career highlights include:
- Serving as senior counsel in the legal department of a national bank with assets of approximately $39 Billion
- Representing municipal authorities on a variety of finance and real estate issues, including state and federal-funded public improvement loans and financing for public works and qualified income housing, representing municipal bodies in ground lease and real estate development projects, and drafting and negotiating easements, licenses, and rights of way
- Handling all aspects of commercial loan transactions on behalf of regional lending institutions, including the preparation and negotiation of real estate-secured and asset-based loan documents and major due diligence reviews, and including syndicated loan transactions
Prior to joining Vorys, Shane was senior counsel at First Niagara Bank. He also spent several years working as an attorney at a large regional law firm.
Shane received his J.D. from the Duquesne University School of Law. He received his B.A. from The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina.
Professional & Community Activities
Pittsburgh Cultural Trust, Children’s Theater Advisory Board Member, since 2017
News & Insights
- Authored articleSummer 2022
- Winter 2022
- Summer 2021
- Spring 2021
- Authored articleSummer 2020
- Authored articleWinter 2020
- Authored articleSummer 2019
- Authored articleWinter 2019
- Authored articleSpring 2017
Duquesne University School of Law, J.D., 1998
The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina, B.A., 1995, magna cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Supreme Court of Appeals, West Virginia
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.