- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2011
- The University of Notre Dame, B.S., 2005
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Nick is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. He focuses his practice on commercial real estate law and real estate-based commercial lending. Nick has represented financial institutions in connection with conventional construction and acquisition loans, permanent loans, letter of credit facilities, loan restructuring, loan participations, and low-income housing tax credit finance, historic tax credit finance and government-based subsidized finance and guaranty programs. He has also provided representation in connection with acquisitions and sales of office, industrial, retail and multi-family projects, and in negotiating and drafting of leases on behalf of commercial landlords and tenants, and other general real estate matters.
Nick is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, the Columbus Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
Nick received his J.D. from the Ohio State University Moritz College of Law and his B.S. from the University of Notre Dame.
Professional and Community Activities
- Dominican Sisters of Peace Economic Council, Member
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Real Estate Law, 2021
- 8/20/2020112 Vorys Attorneys Named to 2021 Best Lawyers in America List; 26 Vorys Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers’ Inaugural “Ones to Watch” ListOne hundred and twelve lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® 2021 edition. In addition, 26 Vorys attorneys were named to the inaugural Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” list.
- 4/30/2019Recently, a financial closing took place for the redevelopment of the Dayton Arcade complex. The developer described the financing structure as "one of the largest and most complex, using these types of redevelopment financing tools layered together, in the United States."
- 11/25/2019In December 2018, Governor Kasich signed into law S.B. 263 to, among other things, enact the Notary Public Modernization Act (the Act), which Act became effective on September 20, 2019 (the effective date) with respect to updates to Chapter 147 of the Ohio Revised Code (O.R.C.).