Attorneys & Professionals
As part of our dedication to helping our clients stay up-to-date on the ever-changing landscape as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve compiled the following highlights of changes to patent, trademark, and copyright operations around the world.
As always, a complete list of countries may be found in our Google Document.
- USPTO has announced a COVID-19 Prioritized Examination Pilot Program for small and micro entities on May 8, 2020.
- USPTO has announced that it will temporarily permit the filing of plant patent applications on May 6, 2020.
- The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) launched a “COVID-19 IP Policy Tracker”, a new tool that tracks COVID-19 related intellectual property (IP) policy changes or other measures being implemented by WIPO member states on May 11, 2020.
- Benelux Trademarks Office (BOIP) has announced a proposed “Business as Usual date” of May 25, 2020, on May 11, 2020.
- Other general closures & deadline extensions have been added to the document.
If you have any patent or trademark questions during this time, do not hesitate to contact us.
Vorys COVID-19 Task Force
Vorys attorneys and professionals are counseling our clients in the myriad issues related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We have also established a comprehensive Coronavirus Task Force, which includes attorneys with deep experience in the niche disciplines that we have been and expect to continue receiving questions regarding coronavirus. Learn more and see the latest updates from the task force at vorys.com/coronavirus.