Attorneys & Professionals
As part of our dedication to helping our clients stay up-to-date on the ever-changing landscape as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve compiled the following highlights of changes to patent, trademark, and copyright operations around the world. The following are a few recent updates.
As always, a complete list of countries may be found in our Google Document.
- USPTO unveiled a new web-based intellectual property marketplace platform “Patents 4 Partnerships” on May 4, 2020.
- European Patent Office (EPO) has announced that all time limits expiring on or after March 15, 2020 are further extended until June 2, 2020.
- The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) remains in full operation, however, has suspended all communication by postal mail.
- Japan (JPO) released updated information on designated and statutory time limits on April 30, 2020.
- Canada (CIPO) has announced that most deadlines that fall between March 16, 2020 and May 15, 2020 are extended until May 19, 2020.
- Other general closures & deadline extensions have been added to the document.
If you have any patent or trademark questions during this time, do not hesitate to contact us.
Vorys COVID-19 Task Force
Vorys attorneys and professionals are counseling our clients in the myriad issues related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We have also established a comprehensive Coronavirus Task Force, which includes attorneys with deep experience in the niche disciplines that we have been and expect to continue receiving questions regarding coronavirus. Learn more and see the latest updates from the task force at vorys.com/coronavirus.