- The American Institute for Paralegal Training, Paralegal Certificate, 1984
- The Ohio State University, B.A., Criminology/Criminal Justice, 1981
Mary is a workers’ compensation paralegal in the Vorys Columbus office. She works with small and large corporations, along with third-party administrators, in the management of the employer’s workers’ compensation claims. Mary has considerable experience in drafting pleadings, preparing correspondence to defense experts along with medical summaries, conversing with Ohio Industrial Commission and Bureau of Workers’ Compensation personnel and valuating claims for settlement. In addition, she provides litigation support, prepares discovery requests and other pleadings, for claims that are appealed to common pleas courts. She regularly participates in client meetings and discussions. Further, she oversees the firm’s workers’ compensation staff, the in-house hearing docket and workers’ compensation mail distribution record-keeping programs.
Mary is a past member of the Paralegal Association of Central Ohio where she served on a number of committees and is a past Associate member of the Columbus Bar Association.
Through the firm, Mary regularly attends meetings and seminars sponsored by the Ohio and Central Ohio Self-Insurer’s Associations.
- E-Filing with the Industrial Commission of Ohio
Professional and Community Activities
- The Bishop Griffin Center, Volunteer
- Yoga Instructor 200 RYT/volunteer assistant for Multiple Sclerosis yoga classes