Cary Interviewed by LXBN TV About NLRB Confirmations and Upcoming U.S. Supreme Court Hearing
Nelson Cary, a partner in the Columbus office and a member of the labor and employment group, interviewed with Colin O'Keefe of LXBN about the U.S. Senate’s confirmation of five National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) members. During the interview, Cary outlined the potential impact the confirmation of these members would have on the Noel Canning v. NLRB suit, which is about to go before the U.S. Supreme Court. He also discussed the new members and their backgrounds. The recently confirmed NLRB nominees are:
- Chairman Mark Pearce (D). Chairman Pearce has served on the NLRB since March 2010.
- Member Kent Hirozawa (D). President Obama nominated Member Hirozawa recently as a result of the compromise that allowed yesterday's vote to proceed. Member Hirozawa most recently served as chief counsel to Chairman Pearce.
- Member Nancy Jean Schiffer (D). Member Schiffer was President Obama's other recent nomination. Member Schiffer retired last year from her position as associate general counsel for the AFL-CIO.
- Member Philip Miscimarra (R). Member Miscimarra was nominated earlier this year, and most recently was a partner at Morgan, Lewis, & Bockius where he represented management in labor law issues.
- Member Harry Johnson III (R). Member Johnson was nominated earlier this year, and most recently was a partner at Arent Fox where he represented management in labor law issues.
To learn more about the NLRB members, visit the Vorys on Labor blog.