- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of Cincinnati, B.B.A., 2006
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Gabe is an associate in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. His practice focuses on the acquisition, sale, financing, and development of apartment buildings, skilled nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and other senior living and senior health care facilities. He represents lenders and borrowers in financing transactions and lenders, purchasers and sellers in real estate transfers, including transfers requiring the approval of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Gabe has extensive experience in Federal Housing Administration (FHA) insured financing transactions, having closed hundreds of FHA-insured loans on properties located in states across the United States. His experience includes transactions with multiple third party leases, accounts receivable and mezzanine financing and multi-site portfolio transactions, including the structuring of leases and organizational structures for these transactions.Career highlights include:
- Representation of a lender in financing of a 44 site multi-state portfolio of skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities with an aggregate loan amount in excess of $400 million.
- Representation of lenders in financing of a 14 site multi-state portfolio of skilled nursing facilities with an aggregate loan amount in excess of $220 million.
- Representation of lenders and borrowers in obtaining necessary approvals from HUD related to skilled nursing facility partnerships with local hospitals across multiple states. Representation included negotiation of financing documents, review of lease and organizational documents, and negotiations with HUD.
Gabe has given presentations on HUD healthcare facility (LEAN) loan closing protocols and master lease requirements.
Gabe is a member of the Cincinnati Bar Association.
Gabe received his J.D. from the University of Cincinnati College of Law, where he was vice president of the student bar association. He received his B.B.A. with concentrations in real estate and marketing from the University of Cincinnati.