Brad is a partner in the Vorys Cleveland office and a member of the firm’s real estate and finance practices. He represents corporations, private equity firms, financial institutions, development companies and family offices on a national basis in connection with their complex real estate transactions. His primary practice focus is on the acquisition and disposition, financing, development, and leasing of commercial (including office, retail, hospitality and life science), industrial (including manufacturing and distribution), and multifamily residential properties located throughout the United States. Brad also advises clients on real estate joint ventures and the real estate aspects of corporate mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions.
Representative transactions include:
- Advising a publicly-traded paint and coating products company in connection with its sale-leasebacks of office and industrial facilities for approximately $1 billion
- Advising a privately-held real estate development and asset management company in connection with its acquisition and related financing of a real estate development and asset management company for approximately $440 million
- Advising a publicly-traded real estate investment trust in connection with its joint-venture disposition of a 10 retail shopping center portfolio for $607 million
- Advising a publicly-traded real estate investment trust in connection with its $3 billion spin-off of a 48 retail shopping center portfolio into a separate publicly-traded company
- Advising a publicly-traded real estate investment trust in connection with its joint-venture acquisition of a 71 retail shopping center portfolio for $1.93 billion
- Advising a publicly-traded aluminum products company in connection with its sale of a rolling mill facility for $670 million
- Advising a publicly-traded utility company in connection with its sale of a hydroelectric power facility
- Advising a publicly-traded aerospace company in connection with the real estate aspects of refinancing over $5 billion of secured debt
- Advising a publicly-traded gaming company in connection with the real estate aspects of financing almost $1 billion of secured debt
- Advising a publicly-traded mining and metals company in connection with the real estate aspects of refinancing over $1.5 billion of secured debt
Prior to joining Vorys, Brad practiced with an Am Law 10 law firm and a Fortune 10 corporation.
Brad received his J.D. from Duke University, where he served as an articles editor of the Duke Environmental Law & Policy Forum, and received his B.A. magna cum laude from Columbia University, where he majored in English literature.
News & Insights
Duke University, School of Law, J.D., 2009
Columbia University, Columbia College, B.A., magna cum laude, 2002
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.