- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2011, cum laude
- Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law, staff member, 2010-2011
- Brigham Young University, B.S., 2008
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Joel is a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. His practice focuses primarily on commercial and structured finance matters and general real estate matters. Joel represents clients in a wide range of financing transactions, including syndicated and participated credit facilities, asset-based lending facilities, acquisition financings, structured and mezzanine financings, and workouts and restructurings.
Career highlights include:
- Representing a variety of banks and other financial institutions in connection with syndicated and participated asset-based revolving and term loan facilities; and
- Representing a variety of banks and other financial institutions in connection with workouts and restructurings.
Joel received his J.D. cum laude from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where he was a staff member of the Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law. He received his B.S. in Economics from Brigham Young University.
Joel is conversational in Albanian.
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Real Estate Law, 2021
- 1/5/2021Vorys is pleased to announce that Leslie A. Allen, James T. Barnish, Jessica Knopp Cunning, Suzanne R. Galyardt, Liana R. Hollingsworth, Joel M. Lund, Gabriel A. Moyer, Matthew J. Porter and Frank C. Zonars became partners of the law firm on January 1, 2021.
- 8/20/2020112 Vorys Attorneys Named to 2021 Best Lawyers in America List; 26 Vorys Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers’ Inaugural “Ones to Watch” ListOne hundred and twelve lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® 2021 edition. In addition, 26 Vorys attorneys were named to the inaugural Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” list.
- 4/2/2012Cincinnati Enquirer Features the Vorys Cincinnati Office in Story Titled “Growing Demand Spurs Vorys' Growth”The Cincinnati Enquirer published a story regarding the Vorys Cincinnati office titled “Growing demand spurs Vorys' growth.” The story, featured a quote from Nate Lampley, the managing partner of the firm’s Cincinnati office, about the recent growth in the firm’s commercial and real estate group.
- 3/5/2012Vorys announced the addition of four attorneys to the commercial, real estate and bankruptcy group in the Cincinnati office.