Intellectual Property, Entertainment, and Technology Protection
- Audits and IP Policies
- Intellectual Property Rights Under Government Contracts
- International Protection for Intellectual Property
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Divestitures
- Patents, Inventions, and Technology Protection
- Trade Secrets and Confidentiality
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., Dean's List, 2006
- Yonsei University Graduate School of Law, LL.M., IP Law, 1999
- Seoul National University, B.S., Pharmacy, 1991
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Mihsun is a member of the technology and intellectual property group in the Vorys Washington, D.C. office. She has extensive experience conducting due diligence and writing legal analysis regarding freedom to operate, patentability, patent invalidity and non-infringement. Mihsun also has extensive experience procuring U.S. and foreign patent prosecution in the fields of biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, pharmacognosy, chemistry, chemical materials, nanotechnology, polymers and green technology. Mihsun's practice also includes patent validity challenges before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (Inter Partes Review; Ex Parte Reexamination) and pre-litigation strategy counseling to clients.
Mihsun is a registered Korean patent attorney and, prior to joining Vorys, worked for several years at a large Korean patent law firm representing major U.S., European and Japanese chemical and pharmaceutical companies in patent prosecution, litigation and technology due diligence. She is also a licensed pharmacist in Korea and worked for several years as a pharmacist, particularly at a large Korean pharmaceutical company in Seoul.
Mihsun has made presentations to Korean pharmaceutical companies, including “Invalidity Challenge in the USPTO under America Invents Act,” “Inter Partes Review (IPR),” “Unpatentable Subject Matter in Pharma/Biotechnology” and “Written Description and Enablement Requirements in view of Ariad v. Elli Lilly,” among others.
Mihsun received an LL.M. from the Georgetown University Law Center. She also received an LL.M. in IP law from the Yonsei University Graduate School of Law and a B.S. in Pharmacy from the Seoul National University, in Seoul Korea.
Professional and Community Activities
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, Member, 2017
- 9/12/2013Vorys attorneys Ari Zytcer and Mihsun Koh presented on "Top Legal Issues in Pharmaceutical Industry - Intellectual Property and Antitrust" at Bio Korea 2013