- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2011
- Bowling Green State University, B.S., 2008
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Mark is a senior attorney in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. He has experience in oil and gas law including drafting and reviewing drilling title opinions and division order title opinions.
Prior to joining Vorys, Mark spent more than five years as a petroleum landman for an oil and gas company in the Utica Shale Play in eastern Ohio.
Mark received his J.D. from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where he was a member of the Ohio State Entrepreneurial Business Law Journal. He received his B.S. from Bowling Green State University.
- 3/17/2021Supreme Court of Ohio Further Clarifies Exception Under the Marketable Title Act in Erickson v. MorrisonOn March 16, 2021, the Supreme Court of Ohio expanded upon its prior decision in Blackstone v. Moore, 2018-Ohio-4959, once again addressing the exception under the Marketable Title Act, 5301.47, et seq. (the MTA), found in R.C. 5301.49(A).
- 12/21/2020On December 17, 2020, the Supreme Court of Ohio addressed the surface owner’s due diligence obligations under the 2006 version of the Ohio Dormant Mineral Act (the 2006 DMA).
- 12/2/2020Oil and Gas Alert: Supreme Court of Ohio Rules on Applicability of Ohio Marketable Title Act to Severed Mineral InterestsOn December 2, 2020, the Supreme Court of Ohio held that the Ohio Marketable Title Act (OMTA) applies to severed mineral interests despite the enactment of the Ohio Dormant Mineral Act (ODMA).