HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules: Business Associate Challenges
Vorys attorneys Lisa Pierce Reisz and Liam Gruzs presented a webinar on April 23 to further discuss the release of the final omnibus HIPAA rule by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The new rule includes sweeping changes to the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules.
- Identifying your business associates
- How has the definition been expanded?
- Who are my business associates?
- Contracting considerations
- Breach notification
- Indemnification and insurance
- Business associate subcontractor compliance
- Risk mitigation – liability for acts of business associates
- Practical considerations