Josh is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the energy, environment & utilities subgroup. As prior in-house counsel at a large investor-owned utility, he has experience representing electric distribution utility companies before various regulatory authorities and advising business clients on potential regulatory issues. He has drafted petitions, responsive pleadings, discovery requests, pre-trial motions and post-hearing briefs.
Notable experience includes:
- Successfully negotiated the $203M settlement of a utility’s $230M energy efficiency program proposal before the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities
- Co-counsel on a 2020 petition to the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities to increase base distribution rates, which resulted in a settlement and implementation of a $94M annual rate increase
- Co-counsel on a 2021 petition to the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities seeking to establish an electric vehicle program, which resulted in a settlement approving an approximately $40M program
- Lead in-house counsel for the preparation of a 2023 base distribution rate case filing to the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities
- Drafted and successfully negotiated the settlement of a 2020 waiver petition, resulting in the temporary waiver of certain New Jersey Board of Public Utilities’ regulations
- Co-counsel on a 2021 New Jersey Board of Public Utilities utility management audit
- Lead counsel on various large rider filings before the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities and formal customer complaint matters before the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities and Public Utilities Commission of Ohio
Josh received his J.D. cum laude from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law where he was also the editor in chief of the Ohio State Business Law Journal. He also received his B.S.B.A. in finance and business analytics from Bowling Green State University.