- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, J.D., 2007, with high distinction
Ohio Northern University Law Review, associate editor
- Bowling Green State University, M.A., 1996
- Bluffton College, B.A., 1993
Bar & Court Admissions
Deanna is of counsel in the Vorys Columbus office where she is a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. She focuses her practice in the areas of real estate law, franchising and distribution law and general commercial transactions. Deanna assists clients in preparing franchise agreements and franchise disclosure documents and in obtaining state franchise registrations. She also represents clients in the acquisition, sale, zoning, leasing, disposition and re‑financing of real property.
Ms. Cook has assisted clients with the purchase and sale of agricultural property, and the negotiation and preparation of easements, including access, flowage and oil and gas pipeline easements. Ms. Cook has also advised clients on Ohio’s laws on Agricultural Districts, and negotiated and prepared livestock facility leases. In addition, Ms. Cook is the owner of a grain farm in Hardin County, Ohio.
Deanna is a member of the Columbus Bar Association.
Deanna received her J.D. with high distinction from the Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law where she was an associate editor for the Ohio Northern University Law Review and a member of the Willis Society. She received her M.A. from Bowling Green State University and her B.A. from Bluffton College.
Professional and Community Activities
- The Mentoring Center of Central Ohio, Board Member, 2008-present
- CREW Columbus, member, 2009-present
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Real Estate, 2014, 2017
- 12/2/2016Vorys is pleased to announce that 58 attorneys from the firm have been named 2017 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 12/4/2013Eighty-one attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP have been named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. 57 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyer and 24 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Rising Stars.