- Baylor University, J.D., 2013, cum laude
- Baylor Law Review, Executive Editor, 2012-2013
- Texas A&M, B.A., 2010, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar & Court Admissions
- New Mexico
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
John is an associate in the Vorys Houston office and a member of the litigation group. His practice areas include commercial and business litigation, personal injury litigation, and insurance coverage and defense. John also has experience defending employers against claims of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in state and federal court, and he has represented employers before various administrative agencies in Texas and New Mexico.
John is a frequent speaker and author on employment-related issues, including preparation of employee handbooks and policies, completion of the Form I-9, and trade secret litigation.
His notable experience includes:
- Obtaining summary judgment in favor of a governmental entity and a traffic control company in a personal injury lawsuit.
- Obtaining summary judgment in favor of a traffic control company in a case stemming from a motorcycle accident.
- Successfully representing a hotel franchisor and franchisee in a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Presenting oral argument against and defeating dispositive motions in a complex insurance dispute, which ultimately resulted in a seven-figure settlement for the client.
- Serving as lead associate at trial in a traumatic brain injury case that resulted in a complete defense verdict for the client.
- Serving as lead associate at trial in a construction case in which the jury returned a verdict in favor of the client and rejected counterclaims made by the opposing party.
Prior to joining Vorys, John received his J.D. from Baylor Law School cum laude, where he was a member of the Baylor Law Review and the Baylor Barrister Society. He received his B.A. summa cum laude from Texas A&M University.