Labor and Employment
- Employment Relations, Policies, and Regulatory Practice
- Pepperdine Caruso Law, Straus Institute of Dispute Resolution, Mediating the Litigated Case, 2021
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2003, cum laude
- University of Cincinnati, B.A., 1998, cum laude, with honors
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Libby is of counsel in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the labor and employment group. She has more than a decade of experience counseling employers and her practice is focused on a broad range of employment law matters, investigations and mediations. Libby completed her mediation training with the Pepperdine Caruso Law Straus Institute of Dispute Resolution.
Prior to joining Vorys, Libby served as a judge on the Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas. During her time on the court, she presided over a variety of business matters and matters in equity. In that role, Libby often served as a mediator in the cases before her—helping parties to find agreed resolutions to their disputes, prior to trial. Libby also served as an assistant prosecuting attorney early in her career successfully trying multiple felony matters.
Her notable experience includes:
- Successfully defending an employer in a jury trial in an age, race and disability lawsuit in state court.
- Obtaining summary judgment for employers on discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, and breach of contract claims in federal court.
- Obtaining summary judgment for an employer on ERISA and ERISA retaliation claims.
- Obtaining summary judgment for an employer on FMLA and FMLA retaliation claims.
- Obtaining summary judgment for an employer on whistleblower claims in state court.
- Conducting investigations of organizations based on employee complaints, often related to management level employees.
- Successfully mediating multiparty business matters to resolution.
Libby has presented at seminars across the country and provided training to employers on a variety of topics including conducting investigations, workplace harassment, managing employee leaves of absence, and a variety of wage and hour issues.
Libby is a member of the Cincinnati Bar Association, serves on the Foundation Board at Lighthouse Youth Services and is a volunteer with Cincinnati Youth Collaborative Saturday Hoops program, the YWCA of Greater Cincinnati and the Ohio Pro Bono Partnership.
Libby received her J.D. cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law and her B.A. cum laude with honors from the University of Cincinnati.
Professional and Community Activities
- Cincinnati Youth Collaborative Saturday Hoops, Volunteer
- Senators Portman/Brown Judicial Commission, Commissioner
- Hamilton County Leadership Council, Member
- YWCA Mamie Earls Sells Scholarship Program, Mentor
- Lighthouse Youth Services Foundation, Board Member
- Ethel Taylor Classroom Volunteer
- Trilogy Ministry Group, Member
- All Saints Church, Parishioner
- Ohio State Advisory Committee to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, Member
Honors & Awards
- Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Cincinnati Class 44, 2020-2021
- Cincinnati Business Courier, “40 Under 40,” 2015
- YWCA Cincinnati, Academy of Career Women of Achievement, “Rising Star,” 2012
- 9/21/2021Vorys announced today that Former Hamilton County Common Pleas Judge Elizabeth Callan has joined as of counsel in the labor and employment group in the firm’s Cincinnati office.
- 4/21/2022The Vorys Cincinnati office hosted a labor and employment seminar on April 21st, 2022. Vorys attorneys discussed pressing employment issues related to the ADA, workers compensation and more.