- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2017, magna cum laude
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 2013, magna cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Dan is an associate in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate practice group. His practice focuses on real estate financing transactions and general real estate matters.
Dan represents clients from all perspectives in transactions involving the acquisition, financing, ownership, development and sale of office buildings, lab and medical research buildings, apartment projects, industrial facilities and other commercial properties. He represents both lenders and borrowers in financing transactions, purchasers and sellers in real estate transfers, and landlords and tenants in commercial leasing transactions. His experience also includes counseling developers and investors in structuring the entities that own real estate assets.
Dan has specific experience representing lenders, owners/developers in Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) transactions.
Career highlights include:
- Representation of the owner/developer in connection with the ownership, leasing, financing, development and sale of an office, research and development and lab portfolio located in the greater metropolitan area of a major East Coast city
- Representation of owner/developer in connection with the acquisition of general partner interests in Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) projects nationwide, including negotiation of transaction documents, performing due diligence and obtaining consents from tax credit investors, lenders and government agencies
- Frequently representing owners of commercial properties in structuring and negotiating purchase and sale transactions, joint venture agreements and sponsoring equity investments by third parties
- Frequently representing owners of commercial properties in negotiating office, lab and biotech leases
- Frequently representing borrowers and lenders in connection with commercial loan transactions involving office buildings, multifamily apartment developments, lab and medical research buildings and other commercial properties
Dan received his J.D. magna cum laude from the University of Notre Dame Law School, where he was a staff member of the Journal of College and University Law. He received his B.A. magna cum laude from The Ohio State University. Dan is a member of the American Bar Association and the Ohio State Bar Association.
- 10/27/2017Vorys welcomed 12 new first-year associates to the firm.
- Fall 2017UPDATE: New Effective Date for the Ohio Historic Preservation Tax Credit Certificate Could Cause Delay in Claiming CreditIn order to claim Ohio Historic Preservation Tax Credits (OHPTCs) on a project, a taxpayer must first receive a tax credit certificate (certificate) from the Ohio Development Services Agency (ODSA).