- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 2018, cum laude
- Midwest Culinary Institute at Cincinnati State Technical College, Culinary Arts Certificate, 2015
- Wheaton College, B.A., 2010
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Petra is an associate in the Vorys Cincinnati Office and a member of the litigation group. She has assisted in representing large corporations, small businesses and individuals in both state and federal courts. Her practice consists primarily of complex civil litigation, including specific experience with cases involving insurance disputes, consumer class actions, construction disputes, non-compete provisions, and general breach of contract disputes.
Her notable experiences include:
- Successfully defending life insurer in a putative class action alleging misrepresentation
- Successfully obtaining summary judgment while defending a non-compete action
- Obtaining favorable results in multiple interpleader cases for life insurer
- Assisting in defending a large real-estate developer in multi-million dollar mechanic’s lien and construction dispute
- Negotiating successful resolutions of pre- and post-lawsuit matters on behalf of clients ranging from individuals to national companies
Petra received her J.D. from the University of Cincinnati College of Law, where she was an associate member of the University of Cincinnati Law Review. She received her B.A. from Wheaton College (MA), where she played for the women’s ice hockey team.
Outside of the courtroom, Petra enjoys cooking and baking, attending concerts, and international travel.
Professional and Community Activities
- Vorys Diversity Network, Associate Councilmember
- 4/20/2020In the last month, cyberattacks have exploited the unique challenges that businesses face due to increased teleworking.