Attorneys & Professionals
All employee benefit plans, including both retirement and group health plans, are regulated by one of three federal governmental agencies: the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Department of Labor (DOL) and/or the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation (PBGC). In the past couple of years, we have noticed an increase in audit activity, particularly by the IRS and DOL. This webinar provided an overview of the trends that we are seeing in recent IRS and DOL audits. Specifically, this webinar addressed the following:
- Description of the steps of a typical audit, including how and why the audit was initiated, what employers will be required to provide to the auditor, and the typical timeline
- Reviewing a typical IRS and DOL audit letter
- Overview of the common issues raised by the IRS and DOL
- Offering practical tips for surviving the audit
- Consequences if an issue is identified during audit
To learn more, click here.