Labor and Employment
In recent decades, the workplace has become an increasing focus of government regulation and public and private litigation. As a result, the labor and employment area has expanded from traditional fields of union organizing campaigns and collective bargaining to encompass employee benefit plans and executive compensation issues, a welter of federal and state statutes that govern various aspects of the employer-employee relationship and workplace safety issues, and a wide range of other subjects.
Our firm advises and assists our clients in all kinds of labor and employment matters. We keep abreast of changes in the law and developing trends so that our clients can be confident that their policies and day-to-day decisions are consistent with the law. We represent our clients in union organizing campaigns and negotiate collective bargaining agreements. We help our clients to create, implement, and amend employee benefit plans, and we represent them when litigation addresses those plans. We counsel our clients on compliance with equal employment opportunity matters, wage and hour laws, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Occupational Safety and Health Act, workers’ compensation statutes, and other relevant federal and state statutes addressing workplace matters, and we defend them when their programs and decisions are the subject of governmental inquiry or private lawsuit. We also assist our clients in drafting employment manuals, drug and alcohol testing policies, and other documents regulating the workplace, and we provide training so that our clients’ supervisors and managers act in ways that comply with the law.
Attorneys & Professionals
view list of professionals
- 5/24/2013 - Thirty-nine Vorys Attorneys included in 2013 Chambers USA Guide
- 4/16/2013 - Cary Discusses NLRB Appointments with LXBN
- 4/5/2013 - Vorys Named Corporate INTL’s 2013 Law Firm of the Year in Three Practice Areas
- 7/24/2013 - Avoiding Wage and Hour Liabilities
- 6/11/2013 - The 2013 Ohio Hospital Association Annual Meeting
- 4/30/2013 - Roadmap to Compliant Wellness Programs
- 5/21/2013 - Labor and Employment Alert: Notice of Coverage Options
- 5/10/2013 - Labor and Employment Alert: Is Your Health Plan 'Affordable?'
- 3/22/2013 - Labor and Employment Alert: OFCCP Issues New Directive For Analyzing Pay Discrimination Claims For Use By The Federal Contracting Community