Mr. Knueve is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the labor and employment practice group. He represents primarily employers and assists them in litigation matters, focusing on complex employment litigation such as wage and hour class actions and collective actions. He is involved in the preparation of employment-related documents, including employment policies and contracts. Mr. Knueve also participates in employment-related arbitrations, as well as employer counseling, training and non-compete matters.
Career highlights include:
- Obtained jury verdict on behalf of employer in religious accommodation case filed in federal court in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Obtained decertification of class of retail store managers in wage and hour class action filed in state court in Los Angeles, California.
- Obtained summary judgment for employer in putative wage and hour class action and collective action filed in federal court in Ohio
- Obtained summary judgment for employer in putative wage and hour class action filed in Washington State Court
- Obtained verdict for employer in sex and race discrimination trial in federal court in Alabama
- Represented employers in numerous class action and collective action matters filed in various jurisdictions across the country
Mr. Knueve is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and the Columbus Bar Association.
Mr. Knueve has spoken on a variety of employment-related topics, including sexual harassment, wage and hour, discrimination, investigations, documentation procedures, and other employment matters.
Mr. Knueve received his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law and his B.A. with high distinction from the University of Virginia.
Professional and Community Activities
- Participating Lawyer, Veterans Consortium Pro Bono Program, 2002-present
- Volunteer for various pro bono projects, including Tenants Advocacy Project, Education Advocacy for Children with Disabilities, and Civil Domestic Violence Project
Honors & Awards
- Chambers and Partners, Leading Lawyer in Labor & Employment, 2010-2013
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Employment and Labor, 2011-2013
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Employment and Labor, 2005-2007
- The Best Lawyers in America, Labor and Employment Law, 2008-2011
- The Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law - Management, 2012-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Labor & Employment, 2012-2013
- Thirty-nine Vorys Attorneys included in 2013 Chambers USA Guide
- Vorys Attorneys Recognized as 2013 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 126 Vorys Attorneys included in the 2013 The Best Lawyers in America® List
- Thirty-five Vorys Attorneys Listed in 2012 Edition of Chambers USA
- Vorys Attorneys included in Law360 Story entitled “Abercrombie Fights Saleswoman's Seating Demands”
- 75 Vorys Attorneys Recognized as 2012 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- More than 100 Vorys Attorneys named on 2012 The Best Lawyers in America® List
- 26 Vorys Attorneys Featured in 2011 Edition of Chambers USA
- Vorys Attorneys File Motion for Summary Judgment in Oklahoma Religious Accommodation Suit
- 72 Vorys Attorneys Recognized as 2011 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Vorys Ranked #1 Law Firm in Ohio on 2011 Best Lawyers in America® list
- 27 Attorneys Recognized in 2010 Chambers USA
- 27 Vorys Attorneys Recognized in 2010 Chambers USA
- Vorys ranked #1 law firm in Ohio on 2010 Best Lawyers in America® list
- Vorys Attorneys Named on 2009 Best Lawyers in America List
- Vorys named the "2008 Leading Ohio Law Firm" by Best Lawyers
- Thirty-Six Vorys Attorneys Named Ohio Rising Stars
- 6th Annual Labor and Employment Law Conference
- Employment Law Update and Review
- Labor and Employment Update-2011
- ERA Employment Law Update and Review
- Ohio Council of Behavioral Health & Family Services Providers' Annual Conference
- “Dollars, Details Behind Surge in Wage and Hour Class Actions,” 2007 (Andrews Publications)
- “Defending Wage and Hour Class Actions,” Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, 2006