- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1993
- West Virginia University, B.A., 1988, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
Kim is of counsel in the Vorys Washington, D.C. office and a member of the corporate group. Her practice focuses on international trade, customs law and the representation of domestic and foreign manufacturers and trading companies in connection with antidumping, countervailing, and other import relief investigations before the U.S. Department of Commerce and the U.S. International Trade Commission. She also assists clients in a variety of matters before U.S. Customs and Border Protection, including ruling requests, administrative protests and other import-related issues. Kim's practice also includes representing clients in appeals of agency determinations before the U.S. Court of International Trade and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Career highlights include:
- Filing the second ever request for relief from imports from China under the special China safeguard provision (Section 421 on steel wire garment hangers)
- Representing the second largest aluminum producer in Russia in an antidumping investigation and subsequent court appeals
Kim is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Maryland State Bar Association and the District of Columbia Bar. Kim is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Pennsylvania.
Kim received her J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law and her B.A. summa cum laude from West Virginia University, where she was a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
- 1/27/2012Frederick Waite, Kimberly Young and Sutton Meagher, attorneys in the Vorys Washington, D.C. office, were featured in an International Trade Law360 article titled “Commerce Kicks Off Countervailing Duty Probe On Hangers the domestic producers.”
- 5/24/2017Vorys attorneys Fred Waite and Kim Young were speakers at the West Coast Trade Symposium hosted by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection on May 24, 2017.
- 5/18/2017Vorys attorneys Fred Waite and Kim Young were speakers at Steel-Con 2017 hosted by the American Institute for International Steel on May 18, 2017.
- 5/17/2019On May 17, 2019, the White House issued a Presidential Proclamation on imports of passenger vehicles (sedans, sport utility vehicles, crossover utility vehicles, minivans, and cargo vans) and light trucks and certain automobile parts (engines and engine parts, transmissions and powertrain parts, and electrical components).
- 6/1/2014Vorys Attorneys Fredrick Waite, Kimberly Young and William Barrett authored an article for Prime Magazine, which is published by Steel Orbis. The article, was titled "US Whistleblower Statute Aims to Combat Schemes to Evade AD/CVD Duties."