- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2011
- Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution, editor in chief, 2010-2011
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 2005
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Rachel is a member of the litigation group and the Workers’ Compensation subgroup. Her practice focuses on the defense of self-insured and state-funded employers in the manufacturing, retail, service, and health care industries in administrative matters before the Industrial Commission of Ohio and in state court trial and appellate proceedings. She also has experience in complex litigation in the Eastern District of New York involving antitrust claims by eighteen major U.S. retailers against Visa and Mastercard, including performing large-scale document review, preparing individual and corporate representative 30(b)(6) depositions, and using subject matter expertise to assist in the preparation of expert reports.
Her notable experience includes:
- Obtaining summary judgment in the employer’s favor in a claim of chemical exposure allegedly causing cardiac, cognitive, and pulmonary conditions;
- Representing employers on appeals from administrative orders to Ohio courts; and
- Assisting employer representatives and their third party administrators in the investigation, management, and settlement of workers’ compensation claims.
Rachel received her J.D. from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where she was Editor In Chief of the Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution and a member of the Employment Law Moot Court Team.
She is a member of the board of directors of Neighborhood Services, Inc., a food pantry serving residents of the Ohio State Campus area and surrounding zip codes. She is a member of the Franklin County Democratic Party Central Committee.
- 9/7/2018On September 7, 2018, Vorys hosted the annual Workers’ Compensation Client Briefing in Columbus, Ohio.