- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2015
- Marian University, M.A.T., 2012
- Texas Christian University, B.A., 2010
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Aaron is an associate in the Vorys Cincinnati and Houston offices in the corporate group. His practice is focused on representing public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, SEC compliance, reporting and disclosure, corporate governance, and general corporate matters.
Notable capital markets experiences include:
- Representation of Air Transport Services Group, Inc., in connection with its Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $500 million aggregate principal amount of senior notes by its wholly-owned subsidiary, Cargo Aircraft Management, Inc.
- Representation of First Financial Bancorp. in connection with its registered offering of $150 million aggregate principal amount of fixed-to-floating rate subordinated notes
- Representation of Premier Financial Corp. in connection with its private offering of $50 million aggregate principal amount of fixed-to-floating rate subordinated notes
- Representation of Abercrombie & Fitch Co., in connection with its Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $350 million aggregate principal amount of senior secured notes by its wholly-owned indirect subsidiary, Abercrombie & Fitch Management Co.
- Representation of First Mutual Holding Co. in connection with its private offering of fixed-to-floating rate subordinated notes
- Representation of Community Financial Services, Inc. in connection with its private offering of fixed rate senior notes
Notable mergers and acquisitions and private equity experiences include:
- Representation of Air Transport Services Group, Inc. in its acquisition of Omni Air International for $845 million
- Representation of First Financial Bancorp. in its acquisition of Bannockburn Global Forex, LLC, for approximately $110 million
- Representation of Premier Financial Corp. (formerly First Defiance Financial Corp.) and United Community Financial Corp. in connection with the companies’ merger and filing of Form S-4 and joint proxy statement
- Representation of a New York based private equity fund in numerous multi-million dollar portfolio company acquisitions across the U.S.
- Representation of energy investment funds in dispositions through divisive merger transactions
- Representation of private energy firm in a cross-border acquisition and follow-on investment
- Representation of private investors in Qualified Opportunity Zone projects
- Representation of a leading U.S. steel service center in its strategic acquisition of assets
- Representation of a clean energy focused investment firm in its acquisition of a proposed commercial wind project
Aaron received his J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School, where he was the Editor-in-Chief of the Michigan Journal of Race & Law. Aaron earned his M.A.T. from Marian University and his B.A. from Texas Christian University.
Prior to law school, Aaron spent two years as a high school teacher with Teach for America in Indianapolis.
Before joining Vorys, Aaron worked as a corporate associate in the Dallas office of national law firm.
- 8/3/2020Vorys recently advised Abercrombie & Fitch Co. and its wholly-owned indirect subsidiary Abercrombie & Fitch Management Co. in connection with the Rule 144A/Regulation S offering.
- 1/12/2021Even in the midst of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) staff continued to update and streamline disclosure requirements applicable to public reporting companies.