- Energy and Utilities
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2010
- Case Western Reserve University, B.S., B.A., Economics, Finance, 2007
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Mac is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. He focuses his practice on advising clients on a variety of environmental permitting, regulatory, and enforcement matters, including compliance with state environmental laws, the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act. Mac also regularly assists clients in transactions and regulatory compliance matters involving petroleum underground storage tanks, wetlands, and environmental investigation/remediation.
In addition, Mac represents clients before the Ohio Power Siting Board and the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio in both natural gas transmission and electric generation and transmission matters involving natural gas, wind, hydroelectric, and solar projects. Mac also advises clients on matters related to ratemaking, tariffs, and energy procurement, including electric and natural gas supply and pricing. He has represented clients in other matters involving the Ohio Environmental Review Appeals Commission, the Ohio Reclamation Commission, the Ohio Oil & Gas Commission, U.S. EPA and the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
Mac received his J.D. from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law and his B.A. from Case Western Reserve University.
Professional and Community Activities
- City of Westerville Uptown Review Board, Member, 2017-Present
- 5/10/2018Oil and Gas Alert: U.S. EPA Releases Draft New Owner Clean Air Act Audit Program for Oil and Natural Gas Exploration and Production FacilitiesOn May 4, 2018, U.S. EPA released an updated draft audit program agreement that will be available to new owners of oil and natural gas exploration and production facilities.
- 1/26/2018On January 25, 2018, U.S. EPA published a guidance document altering its long-standing position on major sources of hazardous air pollutants.