- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., 2006, cum laude
- Boston College, B.A., 2002
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
Jay is an associate in the Vorys Washington, D.C. office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group.
Prior to joining Vorys, Jay worked as an assistant general counsel for the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development in Washington, D.C. In this role, Jay represented the District of Columbia government’s real estate development agency in complex real estate transactions for projects totaling over $1.5 billion dollars in development costs. This work included providing legal advice on all aspects of the disposition, development, and financing of real estate projects and coordinating with developers and government agencies to resolve regulatory issues. Jay also served as an assistant attorney general in the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia where he advised District government agencies on various real estate, zoning, and land use issues.
Jay received his J.D. cum laude from Suffolk University Law School. He received his B.A. from Boston College.
- 1/14/2019Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP announced today that Jay A. Surabian has joined the firm as an associate in the Washington, D.C. office.
- 7/31/2019In the Summer 2019 edition of Development Incentives Quarterly, read about the provisions that impact state law governing economic development incentives in Ohio's Budget Bill and the changes coming to Ohio's Job Retention Tax Credit.
- Spring 2019Investors considering an investment intended to benefit from the federal Qualified Opportunity Zone (QOZ) program should also explore the availability of similar state programs.