Attorneys & ProfessionalsView List
Trade associations have unique legal needs. For example, they represent a community of interests that may include direct business competitors, they generally are tax-exempt, they usually are active in political campaigns and lobbying efforts in the executive and legislative branches of government, and they often have special human resource and personnel issues.
For more than 50 years, our firm has provided the wide range of legal advice that trade associations require. Our significant experience with trade associations and our active government relations practice makes our firm well qualified to advise and assist trade associations with all of the legal issues they confront.
Our legal services to trade associations include the following:
- Formation of non-profit and not-for-profit organizations and the handling of tax exemption issues
- Advice on public policy matters, including representation before the Ohio General Assembly, statewide offices, and state agencies
- Advice on election law and campaign finance issues at both the federal and state levels
- Advice on the formation of Political Action Committees (PACs) and compliance with the complex rules that apply to PACs
- Advice on human relations and personnel issues, including preparation of personnel handbooks and policies and establishment and amendment of ERISA employee benefit plans