Attorneys & ProfessionalsView List
Our procurement lawyers have worked with clients in times of expanding and shrinking federal and state budgets and currently are involved with a variety of defense conversion efforts and reconstruction projects throughout the United States and overseas. We assist clients in all aspects of defense and civilian agency contracting and subcontracting, including the following:
- Pre-Award Planning and Counseling - Our attorneys assist clients in evaluating contracts, grants, and other types of acquisition opportunities, announcements, solicitations, and requests. We also help our clients to understand solicitation requirements, terms, and conditions, and we assist them in developing policies and procedures to ensure timely compliance with these requirements. Finally, our lawyers negotiate and prepare teaming agreements, joint venture arrangements, intellectual property agreements and licenses, subcontracts, and all types of supporting agreements.
- Complex Project Financing - We regularly assist clients in analyzing complex financing issues encountered on projects involving cooperative funding from federal and private sources.
- Controversies - Our attorneys counsel clients on pre-proposal and pre-award contract controversies and represent them in any litigation that may result. We also advise clients as to post-award controversies, including protested award decisions, contract negotiations, performance controversies, claim appeals, administrative disputes, subcontractor problems, and the contract close-out process. We also help our clients address problems that often arise in connection with contract changes, delays, inspections, deliverables, cost and pricing controversies, audit inquiries, stop work and show cause notices, contract terminations, and close-out controversies.
- Litigation and Appeals - We represent clients in all types of litigation and alternative dispute resolution proceedings relating to federally funded contracts. Our work in this area includes representation before the U.S. Government Accountability Office, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals, the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals, and the various other federal trial and appellate courts.
- Administrative Proceedings - We advise clients in administrative proceedings before agency contracting officers in relation to claims, requests for equitable adjustment, and routine matters of contract interpretation. We represent clients at all stages of their involvement in the public contracting process, including their initial entry into the public marketplace, their continued development in that marketplace, and, in some instances, their orderly exit from that marketplace.
- Socio-Economic Programs and Policies - We counsel clients on all types of issues relating to socio-economic programs and policies related to government contracting, especially those that relate to special set-asides for small businesses, veteran-owned small businesses, disabled veteran-owned small businesses, 8(a) businesses, women-owned businesses, and the other programs established by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
- Enforcement and Compliance - We assist clients in conducting internal investigations and inquiries relating to allegations of unethical or illegal conduct by employees, consultants, customers, or other individuals who may be involved in the clients' operations. Our firm also represents clients in connection with federal investigations precipitated by adverse audit findings, qui tam lawsuits, and allegations of fraud, and defends clients who are named in qui tam lawsuits.
- Suspension and Debarment Proceedings - We assist and represent clients, including corporations, shareholders, officers, directors, and employees, in connection with suspension and debarment proceedings before various federal and state administrative bodies.
- Corporate Transactions - Our attorneys assist clients in reviewing government contract portfolios during the course of due diligence work in support of corporate mergers, acquisitions, asset purchases, loan transactions, capital lease financing, and public/private cooperative ventures.