Attorneys & ProfessionalsView List
Hosting and Databases
Our clients rely on our attorneys to help them protect mission-critical databases and websites and keep them running. We counsel clients on all aspects of providing and utilizing information services, both domestically and internationally.
In the evolving modern economy, traditional notions of ownership, services and use are being challenged by the increasing dependence on complex information networks and value-added website and communication services. We help our clients negotiate contracts and institute policies addressing:
- Meaningful service levels, performance criteria, and key remedies for system downtime
- Security breach and audit requirements relating to Sarbanes-Oxley, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, and the payment card industry
- Clear delineations of proprietary rights and confidentiality protections
- Technologies for content sharing, storage and data transfer, encryption, virtual private networks, and configuring information flow between databases and computer systems
- Authentication and different user access rights
- Hidden costs associated with buying and selling hosting services
- Transitions and exit strategies when moving to new systems and hosting providers
Our clients in these areas range from ISPs and other web services providers to web retailers, financial and insurance institutions, hospitals, and manufacturing companies whose operations demand immediate access to their information networks and databases.