Attorneys & ProfessionalsView List
We represent business debtors in matters arising under all chapters of the Bankruptcy Code. Our lawyers have handled enormously complicated cases, including a recent matter involving a $1 billion per year agricultural cooperative that operated in nine states and had approximately 76,000 creditors. That debtor emerged from Chapter 11 after only six months as the result of a confirmed Plan of Reorganization.
We recognize that crisis management is the cornerstone of representing distressed business entities. We know what to do when everything needs to be done at once. We look for solutions short of bankruptcy, such as workout agreements and restructurings. When bankruptcy proves to be the best solution, our lawyers have the experience and knowledge to achieve solid results for our clients.
We have successfully handled the multitude of debtor issues that arise in bankruptcy, including the following:
- Creation of the creditors’ matrix
- Completion of the debtor’s schedules
- Identification and analysis of all executory contracts
- Identification and analysis of all unexpired leases
- Analysis, development, and prosecution of "First Day" motions
- Disclosure statements
- Plans of reorganization
- Asset sales
- Collective bargaining agreements
- Avoidance power litigation (such as preference actions, fraudulent conveyance actions, and turnover actions)
- Other litigation on behalf of the debtor