- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2017
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 2011
Bar & Court Admissions
Melissa is an associate in the Columbus office and a member of the corporate group.
Melissa received her J.D. from The Ohio State University College of Law, where she was associate editor for The Ohio State Business Law Journal and Vice President of the Immigration Law Society. She received her B.A. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Before joining Vorys Melissa worked with AmeriCorps in Columbus City Schools.
- 10/27/2017Vorys welcomed 12 new first-year associates to the firm.
- 1/4/2019Due to the well-publicized impasse between President Trump and Congress, a partial government shutdown is currently in effect.
- 1/4/2019Immigration Alert: Government Shutdown: What Immigration Services are Affected and How to Deal with the Suspension of E-VerifyDue to the well-publicized impasse between President Trump and Congress, a partial government shutdown is currently in effect. Approximately 25 percent of government functions are shut down.
- 1/22/2018At the beginning of each government fiscal year, which starts October 1, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) makes available an allocation of new H-1B visas.
- 1/18/2018The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA), as amended by the Immigration Act of 1990, makes it unlawful for an employer to knowingly hire or continue to employ any person who is not authorized to work in the United States.
- 1/12/2018On April 18, 2017, President Trump signed an Executive Order titled, “Buy American and Hire American.”