- Duke University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Duke University, B.A., 2013, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
- The Honorable Charles R. Simpson III, United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, 2016-2017
Lauren is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the labor and employment group. She concentrates her practice on counseling employers in both employment and traditional labor law matters. Lauren assists employers with complying with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the National Labor Relations Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and other federal and state employment laws. Lauren has assisted defending employers against employment lawsuits that include claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour violations, and breach of contract. Lauren has represented clients in court, before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Ohio Civil Rights Commission, the Kentucky Commission on Human Rights, and similar state agencies throughout the country.
Her notable experience includes:
- Assisted in defense and resolution of a breach of contract case against a small business
- Assisted in developing health and safety manual for a large manufacturer
Lauren completed a U.S. District Court clerkship with the Honorable Charles R. Simpson III, Western District of Kentucky.
Lauren received her J.D. magna cum laude from the Duke University School of Law, where she was an executive editor of the Duke Journal of Gender Law & Policy. While in law school, Lauren served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Joe L. Webster and for The Duke University Office of Counsel. She received her B.A. summa cum laude from Duke University.
Professional and Community Activities
- The Salmon P. Chase American Inn of Court, Member
- 10/27/2017Vorys welcomed 12 new first-year associates to the firm.
- 6/27/2019Lauren Sanders, an associate in the Vorys Columbus office, presented at the 36th Annual Carl A. Warns, Jr. and Edwin R. Render Labor and Employment Law Institute on June 27, 2019.
- 4/18/2019On April 18, 2019, Vorys hosted its annual Cincinnati Labor and Employment Law Update.
- 2/20/2019Andy Kaplan, a partner in the Cincinnati office, and Lauren Saunders, an associate in the Cincinnati office, co-authored an article for the Cincinnati Business Courier titled “What’s Trending in Employment Law.”