- University of Pittsburgh, Ph.D., 2012
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania, B.S., 2006,
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Amy is a registered patent agent with the USPTO and practices out of the Pittsburgh office. She has experience in both domestic and foreign patent preparation and has drafted and prosecuted numerous patent applications in the fields of pharmaceuticals, oil/gas processing, catalytic chemistry, along with a variety of mechanical inventions. Additionally, Amy also supports attorneys in freedom-to-operate and patent invalidity analyses.
Amy earned her bachelor’s degree in chemistry at Indiana University of Pennsylvania in and her Ph.D. in chemistry at the University of Pittsburgh. She also completed a post-doctoral assistantship in the UPMC School of Medicine/Pittsburgh Institute for Neurodegenerative Disease.
Amy is not licensed to practice law in any state and does not provide legal services.
Professional and Community Activities
- American Chemical Society, Pittsburgh Section, Past Chair, Current Treasurer
- Society for Analytical Chemists of Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Regional Science and Engineering Fair – Category Judge
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, Member
- 4/2/2018Vorys announced that 10 intellectual property lawyers with diverse technical backgrounds will join a growing IP team at Vorys. The arrival of these new lawyers continues the firm’s strategic growth in the Pittsburgh market and in the IP arena.
- 4/20/2020In these unforeseen and unique circumstances surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we want to keep our clients abreast of how patent and trademark offices around the world are handling deadlines and other issues.
- 4/8/2020As part of our dedication to helping our clients stay up-to-date on the ever-changing landscape as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve compiled the following highlights of changes to patent, trademark, and copyright operations around the world.
- 4/1/2020The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office announced on March 31, 2020 that certain patent and trademark filing and payment deadlines have been extended in response to delays caused by the COVID-19 outbreak.
- 3/30/2020In these unforeseen and unique circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to keep our clients abreast of how patent and trademark offices around the world are handling deadlines and other issues.