- Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, J.D., 2010, magna cum laude
- Catholic University Law Review, staff member, 2008-2009
- Yale University, Master of Divinity, 2003
- Georgetown University, B.A., 1999
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
- The Honorable Pamela L. North, Anne Arundel County Circuit Court (Annapolis, MD), 2010-2011
Ray is a senior attorney in the Vorys Washington, D.C. office where he is a member of the litigation practice group. He represents lawyers, financial professionals, directors and officers, technology professionals, fiduciaries, insurers and other professionals. His practice focuses on commercial litigation, professional liability and discipline, with an emphasis on legal malpractice defense. Ray also has experience defending employers on claims arising under various employment statutes, including Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. In addition, Ray provides counsel to insurers regarding insurance coverage, including directors and officers, errors and omissions, and employment practices liability insurance policies and class action matters. He also represents lawyers in disciplinary matters.
Ray has experience in all facets of complex commercial litigation, including managing e-discovery and document review, subpoena practice, drafting pleadings, motions, correspondence, as well as discovery requests and responses. He also has experience taking depositions, preparing deposition witnesses, interviewing employees, and assisting in the preparation of expert reports.
Prior to joining Vorys, Ray was an associate at a regional law firm where he represented attorneys, law firms and other professionals in professional liability matters.
Ray served as a law clerk for the Honorable Pamela L. North in the Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County in Annapolis, Maryland. Ray received his J.D. magna cum laude from the Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, where he was a staff member of the Catholic University Law Review. While at Catholic, Ray also served as a law clerk in the Office of United States Senator Jeff Merkley (OR) and at the U.S. Department of Justice. He received his Master of Divinity from Yale University and his B.A. from Georgetown University.
Professional and Community Activities
- American Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
- 10/8/2015Ray Pinkham, an associate in the Vorys Washington, D.C. office and member of the litigation group, authored an article for the ABA/BNA Lawyers’ Manual on Professional Conduct titled “Embrace Inevitable Change in Legal Services Profession, Conference Speakers Say.”
- Spring 2013Raymond Pinkham, an associate in the Vorys Washington, D.C. office, authored a column for the Spring 2013 American Bar Association Professional Liability Litigation E-Newsletter.