- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 2020, cum laude
- Ohio University, B.S., 2016, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Emily is an associate in the Vorys Cleveland office and a member of the corporate group. Her practice focuses on representing both public and private companies in corporate and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, securities, periodic reporting and disclosure (Form 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K reporting and proxy statement disclosure), corporate governance and general corporate matters. Additionally, Emily has experience assisting with general business matters, including the formation and conversion of business entities. She also has experience conducting legal research and due diligence for a variety of matters.
She is a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association.
Emily received her J.D. cum laude from the Case Western Reserve University School of Law, where she served as a senior editor for the Case Western Reserve University Law Review. She received her B.S. cum laude from Ohio University.
- 6/11/2021Vorys Advises Worthington Industries, Inc. in Acquisition from Affiliates of MiddleGround Capital, LLCVorys recently advised Worthington Industries, Inc. in connection with the acquisition by its Steel Processing business segment, along with its 55% consolidated joint venture TWB Company, LLC, of certain assets of the Shiloh Industries U.S. BlankLight® business, a provider of laser welded solutions.
- 1/29/2021Vorys Advises Worthington Industries, Inc. with Acquisition of Business Segment from General Tools & Instruments Company LLCVorys recently advised Worthington Industries, Inc. in connection with the acquisition by its Pressure Cylinders segment of General Tools & Instruments Company LLC (General Tools), a provider of feature-rich, specialized tools in various categories including environmental health & safety, precision measurement & layout, home repair & remodel, lawn & garden and specific purpose tools.
- 6/23/2021A common investment strategy for a private equity firm is to acquire a portfolio company in a certain industry as a platform investment, and then for the portfolio company to acquire a competitor as an “add-on”.
- 4/9/2021Corporate Transparency Act - FinCEN Releases Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Regarding Beneficial Ownership Reporting Requirements - More Questions than AnswersThe federal Corporate Transparency Act (CTA) mandates that U.S. legal entities and non-U.S. legal entities registered to do business in the U.S. report to the federal government specific information about their “beneficial owners” and the persons who form or register those companies, with certain exceptions.